Thursday 15 December 2016

LIVE FULL AND DIE EMPTY


At two instances in my life I had two opposing views and impression about the most scary concept called death! . One in my pre-school years and the other when I was past high School. Comparing both views reveals a paradigm shift in my perception of the journey into the world of the unknown.
In my pre-school days, I once had an horrifying experience at the funeral of my Proprietress' mother. She slotted her pupils with a role into her mothers befitting burial plan. But all of that didn't go down well with me. I dreadfully hated the sound of the siren. The terrifying grip of fear overwhelmed me at the sight of the casket. Weird thoughts and horror-filled imaginations lingered in my mind. My first impression was purely natural of fear and horror.
Fast forward into life after High school. This time I had grown significantly. But maturity in itself doesn't take away the fear of death. The sense of purpose and accomplishment does. The occasion was that of my Aunt's funeral this time around. Rather than feeling horrified, I was able for the first time to picture myself dying as a fulfilled man in a ripe old age. Notice I said in a ripe old age. I imagined the peace that would encompass me round-about. The number of lives I would have touched positively and significantly who would be present to bid me good night . The resounding legacy that I would have left behind through an exemplary lifestyle. I thought about living full and dying empty. For once death lost its grip of fear on me and gave me a cause to diligently pursue my goals and impact lives. Jesus left the most impact on earth so I choose to emulate his lifestyle. There is such a thing as the brevity of life. It should propel us to make the most out of this life and dream to die fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment